Accessories elevate your look from fabulous to unforgettable. Accessories tell your story and define your personal brand.
Accessories are especially useful when networking because they offer people a conversation starter. For example, if you are wearing an interesting ring, someone nearby can feel comfortable to say, “Hi, great ring!” and voila – you are in a conversation. So be kind to others, and accessorize!
When accessorizing, matchy matchy is outdated. Aim to coordinate. Did you know that 25% of your wardrobe budget is the rule of thumb when purchasing accessories? For this reason, each piece should be versatile and complement several of your outfits.
Here are seven work friendly, look-elevating accessory trends for fall:
1. Gorgeous Gloves – short or long, just a gorgeous pair. Long gloves work well with cape coats, as shown above.
2. Sculptured Chokers – are back in for fall 2014 and spring 2015. Thankfully they are better than the 90’s versions! They come in every style and level of impact. Pair them with a dress, suit, even a t-shirt on the weekends.
3. Fur Scarf – especially shearling. FYI, that suit is made by Hugo Boss.
Notice the loafers the model is wearing? Loafers or lace-ups are a fun and practical trend, perfect for women in leadership. They look fashionable for times when you cannot wear heels.
4. Belts – are big right now. Try emphasizing your waist with a belt. If you don’t like how the belt looks over, then place the belt under your coat or blazer.
5. Quilted Accessories – One small quilted addition can turn your look from yawn to yay!
6. Supple Leather Totes- like this Fendi tote. This type of tote looks interesting yet professional, perfect for women in leadership.
7. Claret Nailpolish- Claret is a huge color trend this fall and winter. It’s also perfect for the upcoming holiday season. Gotta love a two-for!
What accessory do you wear that people always comment on?