There must be a hundred trends stamped “fall 2014”!
The question is which trends work if you are women in leadership? Here are six ideas for you. Try picking one or two suitable options based on your field, and body type to update your work look instantly:
1. Statement Necklace – Add interest to any simple basic. Try wearing a statement necklace with your turtle neck as shown here.
2. Plaid- There are blazers, button down shirts, skirts, scarves, and more in plaid. Just pick a piece that works for you, and the statement you want to make!
3. Cape Coat- Olivia Pope, from the hit TV show Scandal, has certainly helped- if not singlehandedly created- the rise of the cape coat trend. Cape coats come in various lengths from hip length to full length, and look so sophisticated!
The taller you are the longer the coat can be. Longer coats, three-quarter length or longer, appear more formal than shorter ones.
4. Ankle pants- For the leanest line, wear pointed-toe heels with ankle pants. You could also try wearing booties. Booties look fantastic with ankle pants and keep you warm in colder months.
5. Culottes – or simply wide leg pants if you aren’t quite ready for full-on culottes!
6. Leopard Print – Either in clothes or accessories. You can’t go wrong with anything leopard print this fall: provided your industry, and personal brand fit the trend of course!
Which trend(s) would you incorporate into your work look?